Under the direction of the CEO, the Director of Finance is the financial leader at Gourmondo, a $15 million+ per-year food business with multiple divisions including a full-service catering program, boxed lunch business, bakery, wholesale division, and twelve grab and go cafes. This leader should embody our core values of clear, concise communications; a strong work ethic; unquestionable integrity; and a commitment to a culture of excellence and customer service.
The Director of Finance is responsible for financial planning and accounting operations of all channels of the business including the catering and boxed lunch divisions, wholesale business, multiple cafes on corporate campuses, and a production kitchen and headquarters in the South Park neighborhood. Excellent organizational and leadership skills are essential to the success of this role.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and
- Perform regular financial analysis and produce accurate, timely financial reports.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance employees including management accountants and internal auditors.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Manage and oversee two direct reports in the accounting department
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Director of Finance’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support payroll process and manage payroll-related deadlines. Prepare weekly cash-flow analysis.
- Manage bookkeeper to ensure all debts and obligations are paid in a timely manner and ensure all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Oversee that all accounts receivable are collected on time
- Complete and review bank reconciliations.
- Record all accruals on a monthly basis
- Prepare and maintain schedules to support fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses and other balance sheet accounts as deemed necessary.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Implement and sustain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Clearly document all accounting procedures.
- Issue timely and complete period, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate quarterly divisional P&L reviews with company’s CPA.
- Create and review KPIs with the Executive Team.
- Manage production of annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Prepare weekly cost reports.
- Prepare all necessary reports for annual tax returns performed by the company’s CPA firm.
- Produce ad hoc financial reports and financial analyses on demand for CEO, as needed.
- Coordinate preparation of the financial portions of company reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for COGS, capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage any and all audits and investigations by State, County, and City entities; the IRS; and the DOR.
- Directly supervise two accounting professionals
- Lead the finance meetings, the annual budget process, and long-term financial growth plans.
- Manage the accounting team to serve the company’s current and future needs.
- Provide leadership for a positive working relationship with Operations Team to analyze and adjust menu pricing, payroll strategies, and opportunities for additional profitability.
- Employ positive stress-management attitudes and techniques while working hard alongside the rest of the team.
- Model positive, community-oriented office culture.
- Generally, Monday-Friday at company corporate offices. Please reference the
Gourmondo work-from-home policy for in-office requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior level financial management and leadership role, overseeing the financial and administrative functions of a complex organization.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures (GAAP), business and administrative practices
- Takes initiative, provides leadership when needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree in a related field, CPA, or MBA preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Business Central and Office suite, with ability to learn systems quickly.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to remain flexible, and juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands.
- Demonstrated professionalism, and a commitment to high quality customer service.
- Strong collaborative skills and a desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and detail-orientation skills, with excellent follow-through.
- Experience in office and facilities management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Workspace is within a collaborative, open floor plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Desired Qualifications: The Director of Finance should have a Bachelor’s degree/MBA in accounting and finance, and 7+ years of progressively responsible experience. Experience in hospitality or multiunit food or retail companies is preferred. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations required. Expertise in Microsoft
Full-time annual salary range of $130,000 – 150,000.00, with incremental, merit-based quarterly bonuses.
- Individual health insurance coverage is furnished through Premera
- 120 hours of PTO per year.
- Matching 401K plan
Gourmondo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Communication: Active, professional and clear communication, consistent until there is clarity and mutual understanding.
Integrity: Keeping commitments, being honest, taking accountability and having consistent followthrough.
Value: Create value to the business, through high productivity and being result driven.
Quality: Commitment to the highest level of service, products and ingredients.
Respect: Value co-workers and prioritize clients, through a sense of responsibility to others.