Business Development Manager (Remote)
Our client is a Seattle based mission-driven organization that trains therapists around the world in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). DBT is an evidence-based behavioral health therapy model developed as a treatment for individuals with borderline personality disorder (BPD), and particularly those with chronically suicidal behavior. Since the model’s early days, DBT has shown to be an effective treatment for other disorders (e.g., PTSD, substance abuse disorder). The model has been adapted to work with specific groups such as adolescents. Their customers are clinicians that work across a spectrum of settings from traditional healthcare systems and community health centers to inpatient hospitals and prisons.
What is DBT? Practicing DBT is life changing for not only the clients but the therapists, who make a long-term commitment to working in DBT teams with other therapists. The DBT global community is a dedicated, passionate bunch, and this team is no different.
Started by the founder of DBT, their history spans two decades; in many ways they present like a startup – a small, hard-working team that genuinely cares about each other. By adapting and changing, they survived and thrived during the pandemic, and plan to keep moving on delivering new trainings in new ways. They are excited to streamline their processes with the latest technology and grow into our next phase. This role will evolve as their processes evolve.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
The successful candidate has a minimum of 8-10 years of business development experience; proven track record of meeting and exceedingly quarterly and annual goals; and a desire to manage and implement new business development processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with senior leaders of healthcare organizations, corporations, state healthcare systems and community health networks
- Educating potential partners about the organization’s mission and product offerings
- Identifying, targeting and qualifying new prospects through cold-calling and networking
- Mentoring and supervising a junior team member
- Collaborating with CEO, clinicians, and other cross-functional team members
- Owning and designing the business development strategy and process in collaboration with the other sales professionals
- Conducting new business presentations virtually
- Support the implementation of a new CRM tool
- Work remotely: 9:00am – 5:00pm PDT (flexible hours)
- Minimum of 8-10 years consultative sales experience
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Some supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrates patience, integrity and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Desire to work as part of a small and dynamic team
- Ability to travel if required